Part 1: Home made remedies
Are you one of the girls who is always envy of a Bollywood diva’s glowing skin??
Lacks self confidence while hanging out with friends having clear skin??
Are you worried about your face having acnes/pimples more than anything in your life???
We would say that this is very much natural as acnes caused by certain eating habits and oily skin.
But don’t waste money on expensive products that does not work. We are sharing best home made remedies which will destroy acnes within weeks and best part is that you can find the solution within your house.
1. Use baking soda: Mix equal parts of baking soda and water to form a paste. Apply the paste onto acne individually, not over the entire face. Dip a Q-Tip into the baking soda mixture and apply that way.
a. Leave the baking soda paste on your face for about 10 minutes, or until dry.
b. Wash off with very cold water. It will help close the pores significantly.
c. Repeat at least two times a day. If your skin becomes irritated or excessively oily due to use, make sure to discontinue treatment.
2. Try using lemon juice as an acne remedy: Cut a lemon in half and gently rub the open-side of the lemon onto the acne. The stinging feeling means it’s working. Lemons contain citric acid, which attacks the bacteria that cause acne.
a. Make sure to wipe/wash the lemon juice off, and use sunscreen afterwards. Citric acid can bleach the skin and puts it at significantly higher likelihood of sun damage.
3. Slice a raw potato and apply to skin: Slice a raw potato in half and apply onto acne. Raw potato can heal as well as act an anti-inflammatory. Again, wash the residue off your skin gently with water after using.
4. Use toothpaste for pimples: If you have a single, mighty pimple you want destroyed overnight, consider using toothpaste to cover the pimple with. Toothpaste contains silica, which is the substance you find in beef jerky bags, used to keep any moisture out of substances. Silica will dry out and diminish the size of the pimple overnight if left on.
5. Try using natural toothpaste: with silica but without sodium lauryl sulfate. Sodium lauryl sulfate is a harsh chemical that’s also an irritant to some people. It’s best to avoid it, and any of the big, name-brand toothpastes, for that reason.
6. Use ice to close your pores and reduce inflammation: A lot of people with big pores like to take ice cubes and gently hold or rub them over their problem spots. Ice specifically and cold in general, constricts the blood vessels underneath the skin, making the irritation or inflammation less noticeable.
7. Use tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a renowned anti-fungal and antibacterial herbal remedy, making it great for mild to moderate acne. In a study comparing the efficacy of tea tree oil and benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil proved just as effective in fighting acne and reducing lesions. Whereas benzoyl peroxide works quicker than tea tree oil, tea tree oil produces less side effects in patients.
8. Crush up some aspirin and use it as a paste: Crush up a pill or two of aspirin and mix it with just enough water to form a paste — as you might have done with the baking soda. With a Q-Tip or your hands, apply the paste onto individual pimples, leaving to dry.
a. Why does aspirin work? Aspirin has salicylic acid in it, which is what most topical acne treatments use to bust up acne-causing bacteria. Salicylic acid dries out pimples and fights the bacteria simultaneously.
9. Apply alum to the pimples: Potassium alum can usually be found in the spice aisle in some grocery stores. Although widely used as a natural deodorant and styptic (lessens bleeding after a cut), alum is a natural antiseptic and astringent, meaning that it shrinks skin tissue.
a. Try to get a big block instead of in powder form. Powdered alum can be a little too abrasive. Gently wipe the alum over the affected areas, being careful not to irritate or inflame any pimples.
Follow our blog to see the Part 2: Diet & Exercise in our next post.